- Dr. Michelle Soucy Dahl
Screen Time! How do I limit?
To limit or not to limit- that is the question.....Many parents approach me regarding this topic in trepidation of creating conflict with their child. Here are a few ideas and a link to the healthy children website.
1. Trust your instincts. If you think your child's phone/gaming/computer use is excessive, it probably is. The general recommendation is a maximum of 2 hours per day for school age children.
2. Be aware of social media sites and monitor your child's accounts.
3. Have a discussion about how to be digitally responsible.
4. Keep all computers, tablets, gaming devices in open areas of your home to be more aware of what your children are doing online and how much time they are spending on devices.
5. Develop a Family Media Plan to outline rules of online conduct, screen time limits, and technology free time (parents included!).